Frontpage: Tuesday, Dec. 13
- Canada Pulls Out of Kyoto Protocol: The country will save $14 bil in fines for not meeting the regulations of the pact by (legally) withdrawing.
- Romney Goes Negative on Newt: The candidates exchange calls for each to return sums of the money they received by arguably dubious means.
- Sandusky Waives Right to Hearing: Chooses to go without pretrial hearings to determine if there’s enough evidence for the charges against him.
- Pro-Putin Rally Fall Flat: The New York Times reports that attendance was “sparse” at what would have been a rally in favor of the leader.
- WaMu Officials Settle FDIC Suit: After WaMu’s big blow in 2008, the FDIC is settling for less than 10% of what was originally sought from executives.
Photo: In Lyme Regis, England, waves break over the seawall behind houses as stormy conditions continue across the United Kingdom. (Tim Ireland, Press Association / Landov)