Frontpage: Monday, Dec. 27
- Congress’s Wealth Grew During Crisis: The average net worth of members of Congress has grown 15 percent since 2004, while the average American’s has dropped 8 percent.
- Arab Monitors Begin Syria Mission: Fifty Arab League monitors entered the country Monday to ensure that the country is working to end violence.
- Report: Newt’s Wife Didn’t Want Divorce: Court documents show that Jackie Battley, Gingrich’s first wife, did not want a divorce, contrary to what his campaign said earlier.
- Egypt Bans Virginity Tests: An Egyptian court has banned the practice of giving virginity tests to female detainees.
- Paul ‘Uncomfortable Around Gays: Eric Dondero, a former longtime aid to Ron Paul, has written an article defending Paul against charges of racism, but does say the representative is “personally uncomfortable” around gays.
Photo: Members of the Duke of Beaufort’s Hunt ride out on their Christmas Eve meet in West Littleton, England. Many hunts across the country will be gearing up for their Boxing Day meets, which traditionally are the highest attended of the hunting calender. (Matt Cardy / Getty Images)