Frontpage: Tuesday, Jan 17th
- Candidates Attack Romney, Each Other: Mitt emerged unscathed after last night’s debate in South Carolina and now enjoys a 2 to 1 lead in the polls over Gingrich and Paul.
- 5 More Bodies Found in Shipwreck: That brings the official death toll up to 11.
- U.S. to Force Docs to Reveal Lobbying: You may soon get to find out who your doctor is sponsored by. As part of the new health-care law, the Obama administration will require drug companies to reveal the payments they make to doctors for research, consulting, speaking, travel, and entertainment.
- Kim Jong-il’s Other Son Predicts Failure: Kim Jong-nam, the Supreme Leader’s half-brother, sees his brother failing, according to a new book due out in Japan this week.
- Perry: SC ‘at War’: In response to a question about the Obama administration blocking South Carolina’s voter-identification law, Rick Perry said “South Carolina is at war with the federal government.”
Photo: Rescuers plucked three survivors from the Costa Concordia early Sunday, more than 24 hours after the cruise ship ran aground off the Italian coast. Five people have been confirmed dead but some are still unaccounted for. (Reuters / Landov)