Frontpage: Friday, Jan 27th
- Romney Pummels Gingrich: In last night’s debate in the key state of Florida, Romney slammed Gingrich after Newt accused Mitt of being “anti-immigrant.”
- U.S. Economy Grows at 2.8 Percent: Its fastest rate in over a year and half.
- UN Shrinks from Syria Sanctions: An advanced draft of a UN Security Council resolution obtained by Reuters shows the body will not call for sanctions on Syria.
- Candidates: Repeal Obama Health Plan: The four Republican candidates were all in agreement on the need to repeal Obama’s health-care plan at Thursday night’s Republican debate.
- Ford Posts Profit for Third Year: The Detroit auto company reported a $20.2 billion profit for 2011, the third straight year it has made money.
Photo: Officials announced the UK economy shrank by 0.2% during the last quarter of 2011. (Matt Cardy / Getty Images)