Frontpage: Wednesday, Feb. 1
- Pakistan Helping Afghan Taliban: A classified NATO report obtained by the BBC, based on thousands of interrogations, concludes that the Taliban has widespread support among the Afghan people and is being directly assisted by Pakistan’s intelligence service.
- Rich Patrons Fuel Romney Campaign: Federal election filings released Wednesday show that over 60 corporations and wealthy individuals gave checks of over $100,000 to Mitt Romney’s super PAC, Restore Our Future. Without giving through the super PAC, each of the donors would only legally be allowed to contribute $2,500 to the campaign.
- Gingrich Refuses to Drop Bid: Newt Gingrich is vowing to continue his campaign despite his double-digit loss in Florida.
- Romney: “I’m Not Concerned About the Very Poor”: “We have a safety net there,” Romney said on CNN Wednesday Morning.
- Facebook Prepares $5B IPO: You know what’s cool?
Photo: A Ron Paul supporter wore a sticker on his head at an event at Colorado State University.