Frontpage: Tuesday, Feb 28th
- Ohio Shooting Victim Brain Dead: A 17-year-old student has been pronounced brain dead one day after the high-school shooting that killed another 16-year-old and left three others wounded.
- Santorum Leads in Michigan Poll: Rick Santorum may have gained some momentum in Michigan over the last week, but will it last? The latest data from Public Policy Polling indicates that Santorum holds a small lead over Mitt Romney—38 percent of Michigan residents polled favor Santorum and 37 percent say they like Mitt.
- U.N. Council Denounces Syria: The United Nations Human Rights Council is meeting Tuesday to issue its fourth condemnation of Syria and the regime of Bashar al-Assad.
- Casino Mogul Gives More to Gingrich: Sheldon Adelson, the casino billionaire who already gave the former House speaker’s super PAC two $5 million donations, has anted up again, according to the Associated Press.
- Stalled Cruise Ship Towed to Safety: Another cruise nightmare: an Italian ship with more than 1,000 passengers and crew is being towed to safety by a French fishing vessel after a generator fire caused the luxury cruiser to lose power.
Photo: A Japanese Quince flower at the Central Park Conservatory Garden in New York City, shows the effect of the Northeast’s mild winter. (Stan Honda, AFP / Getty Images)