Frontpage: Thursday, June 7th
- U.N. to Discuss Syria Massacre: Following reports of a fresh massacre by forces loyal to President Bashar al-Assad, U.N. special envoy Kofi Annan will meet Thursday with the Security Council and the General Assembly about the growing crackdown in Syria
- Panetta: ‘Reaching Limits of Patience’:The U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said Thursday that the U.S. is “reaching limits of patience as far as Pakistan is concerned.”
- China Cuts Interest Rates: China’s central bank announced a rate cut Thursday that will trim a quarter of a percent off its rate for deposits and loans.
- Testing Could Spot Disorders in Fetuses: A team of researchers revealed that testing for 3,500 genetic disorders an unborn child could carry can be discovered by taking a blood sample of a woman 18 weeks pregnant and a swab of saliva from the father.
- Romney Campaign Misspells Reagan: Mitt Romney’s campaign misspelled the name of one of the Republican party’s most-revered figures, Ronald Reagan.
Photo by Andy Manis / AP Photo
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, center, holds his first cabinet meeting at the state Capitol on Wednesday after he beat Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett in a recall election.