Believe it or not, I don’t “out” people. It is neither my business nor my desire. Remember, folks, I am a comedian, not a journalist. These weren’t questions where I could make a joke about Ryan Seacrest getting a mani/pedi. This isn’t a joke I make about whether Oprah and Gayle are gay lovers. I have no idea if Oprah and Gayle are gay lovers. I doubt they are, but as a comedian, I find some comedy in picturing those two girls running the world as a power couple.
Reblogged from Newsweek
To celebrate Anderson Cooper’s coming out in an email to our Andrew Sullivan, here are his most dramatic moments.
Frontpage: Monday, July 2nd
- Mexico’s Presidential Win Raises Concerns: Mexico’s presidential elections resulted in the apparent return to power of the Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI), which ruled the country for more than 70 years before being ousted by the conservative National Action Party in 2000.
- Power Outages Could Last a Week: The eastern U.S. has been hit with fatal storms, power outages, and blistering heat for three straight days, with several cities hitting record highs and others declaring a state of emergency. After thunderstorms killed at least 15 people, more than 3 million lost power, adding to the excruciating heat. Charlotte, N.C.—one of the hardest-hit areas—reached 104 degrees on Sunday.
- Kidnapped Air Workers Released: Four European aid workers were released Monday after being kidnapped from Kenya’s Dadaab refugee complex near the Somali border last week. Two of them were injured and their Kenyan driver was killed. It’s unclear whether their kidnappers were members of Al-Shabaab, an al Qaeda–affiliated group that’s been blamed for other recent kidnappings of tourists and aid workers from Kenya.
- Apple Pays $60M in iPad Case: Apple settled its trademark lawsuit in Chinese provincial court Monday, paying $60 million for the legal rights to the iPad trademark in China.
- ‘God Particle’ Footprint Found: It’s been a long, difficult—and, for most of us, incomprehensible—search, but scientists at the largest particle accelerator in the world have finally found evidence of the Higgs boson, the so-called God particle that gives the building blocks of matter mass.
Photo: Anderson Cooper tells Andrew Sullivan that he’s gay. (via Buzzfeed)
The fact is, I’m gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn’t be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud.
Reblogged from Newsweek