Frontpage: Tuesday, Feb 7th
- Santorum Poised for Primary Wins: Mitt Romney may be the GOP frontrunner, but Rick Santorum is all set to have a great night in Tuesday’s primaries. Santorum leads in polls in Missouri and Minnesota.
- Arab League Pulls Monitors: The Arab League announced Tuesday that it will pull its monitors from Syria.
- Komen VP Resigns Over Funding Flap: Karen Handel, an executive at the Susan G. Komen Foundation, resigned on Tuesday. Handel, a former Republican candidate for governor, had been suspected as being the root of the breast cancer charity’s controversial decision last week to pull funding from Planned Parenthood.
- Greeks Go on Strike: After failing to meet yet another EU deadline yesterday, Greek Prime Minister Lucas Papademos is continuing to negotiate the terms of an austerity package—and now he has a strike on his hands, too.
- Earmarks Flow Near Lawmakers’ Property: More than $300 million in taxpayer money has gone to projects within two miles of property owned by 33 members of Congress, according to a Washington Post investigation.
Photo: Giants quarterback Eli Manning celebrates his victory with Mickey and Minnie Mouse. (Gene Duncan / Gene Duncan)
Watch: On Newsbeast, our writers discuss whether Keith Olbermann can save Current TV.