Conservatives react to the Affordable Care Act on twitter.
Is anyone gonna tell these people that Canada uses provincial government healthcare systems and public health insurance or is everyone just going to sit back and watch these people make asses of themselves?
Wait, don’t answer that.
Frontpage: Tuesday, Dec. 13
- Canada Pulls Out of Kyoto Protocol: The country will save $14 bil in fines for not meeting the regulations of the pact by (legally) withdrawing.
- Romney Goes Negative on Newt: The candidates exchange calls for each to return sums of the money they received by arguably dubious means.
- Sandusky Waives Right to Hearing: Chooses to go without pretrial hearings to determine if there’s enough evidence for the charges against him.
- Pro-Putin Rally Fall Flat: The New York Times reports that attendance was “sparse” at what would have been a rally in favor of the leader.
- WaMu Officials Settle FDIC Suit: After WaMu’s big blow in 2008, the FDIC is settling for less than 10% of what was originally sought from executives.
Photo: In Lyme Regis, England, waves break over the seawall behind houses as stormy conditions continue across the United Kingdom. (Tim Ireland, Press Association / Landov)