Frontpage: Friday, April 13th (It’s cool, we’ve got Cory Booker)
- Cory Booker Details Rescue: Newark Mayor Cory Booker joined the gang at CBS This Morning to recount his heroic rescue of a neighbor from her burning home. Booker describes his “come to Jesus moment” when, while searching for the woman, he realized there was a very good chance he might not make it out of the house.
- Obama, Biden Release Tax Returns: The battle of the tax returns begins Friday, with President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden releasing theirs to the public and urging Mitt Romney to join them. The Obamas revealed that they earned a combined income of $798,674 in 2011, of which they paid over 20 percent in federal taxes—a total of $162,074. Their income took a big dip from last year, when they reported about $1.7 million.
- U.N.: Rocket Test ‘Deplorable’: United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon called North Korea’s failed rocket launch “deplorable,” joining South Korea, the U.S., Japan, and foreign ministers from the Group of Eight nations including Russia who united in condemnation of Kim Jong-un’s regime. North Korea had defied international warnings to conduct the test of a rocket. In a rare admission of weakness, the North Korean government issued a statement admitting the failure.
- Iran Conceals Oil Sales: Iran is pulling some stealthy moves to circumvent Western sanctions on its oil revenues. Tehran ordered the captains of Iran’s 39-strong fleet of oil tanks to disable their tracking devices, so that the ships are now all “off-radar,” a senior executive at the National Iranian Tanker Co. confirmed to Reuters.
- GOP Strategist: Ann Romney a ‘Win’: Republican strategist Nicolle Wallace said Friday that the Hilary Rosen-Ann Romney spat over stay-at-home mothers has been a “win in every regard” for the Romney campaign. “The Romney campaign has handled this brilliantly, and kudos to them,” said Wallace, a former adviser to John McCain and George W. Bush.
Read More Cheats
Photo: So the other day I breathlessly announced to the office that Boo the Dog had died. Thankfully, it was just a Buzzfeed prank. Happy Friday.
Boo is ALIVE. thank heavens.