Frontpage: Friday, June 15th
1. More Accusers at Sandusky Trial: Three more accusers testified in the sex-abuse trial against former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky on Thursday, bringing to eight the number of accusers to take the stand in the trial’s first four days.
2. Egyptians to Protest Elections: Egyptians are calling for protests Friday after the country’s Supreme Constitutional Court ruled the Islamist-led Parliament invalid and to allow Ahmed Shafik, the last prime minister to serve under former dictator Hosni Mubarak, to run in a presidential-runoff election.
3. Russia Denies Giving Syria Choppers: Russia responded Friday to U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s charges that Moscow was sending new attack helicopters to Syria, denying that any arms deal goes beyond “defensive” technology.
4. EPA Proposes Stricter Air Standards: The Environmental Protection Agency is proposing on Friday new air quality standards to lower the amount of soot that can be released into the air.
5. Obama Visits World Trade Center: President Obama visited the new 1 World Trade tower Thursday, hailing the rebuilding and signing one of the final steel beams that will be added to the building.
Video via Youtube, by BirdLoversOnly:
In keeping with our streak of animals-doing-cute-things videos, here’s a parrot that has a better taste in music than most kids these days and knows how to rock to the beat. Happy Friday!