Frontpage: Thursday, Dec. 29
- U.S. Preps Charges in BP Spill: U.S. prosecutors are preparing to file criminal charges against BP employees for 2010’s Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Romney Strikes at Paul in Iowa: With a new CNN poll shows Iowa’s down to Paul vs. Romney, Mitt is setting his sites on the libertarian.
- Kim Jong-un Named Supreme Leader: The North Korean government made it official during a memorial for the new leader’s father.
- Yemen Fed U.S. Bad Intel: Report: Some U.S. military leaders believe Yemen fed them bad intelligence last year in order to have them kill a local political leader.
- U.S. Mulls Aid for Syria Opposition: After sanctions and telling Bashar al-Assad’s regime to stop killing protesters, the Obama administration is considering aiding the Syrian opposition directly.
Photo: Children watch as a man holds balloons for sale on the street in Kabul, Afghanistan. (Mohammad Ismail, Reuters / Landov)