Frontpage: Tuesday, June 12th
1. Justice Department to Sue Florida: The Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division plans to sue Florida because the state’s efforts to purge voters from its rolls violate federal law, it says.
2. Thousands Join Anti-Putin Rally: Tens of thousands of Russians on Tuesday protested Russian President Vladimir Putin, despite his government’s efforts a day before to quell the demonstration by raiding the homes of prominent protest leaders.
3. Pakistan Panel: Haqqai ‘Not Loyal’: A three-member judicial panel in Pakistan found that former Pakistani ambassador to the U.S. Husain Haqqani was behind a memo sent to U.S. officials that sought their help in averting a military coup in Islamabad, according to reports out of Pakistan.
4. Bryson to Take Medical Leave: A Commerce Department memo revealed Monday night that Secretary John Bryson would take a medical leave of absence effective immediately following car crashes he was involved in Sunday.
5. L.A. Kings Win Stanley Cup: There’s a first time for everything. The Los Angeles Kings won the Stanley Cup for the first time in the franchise’s 45-year history Monday night in Game 6 of the finals against the New Jersey Devils.
Photo via picturedept:
The Invisible Book 2013
Horses Think Press is launching artist Justin James Reed’s invisible book 2013 tomorrow June 12th, from 8 - 10 pm at Grand Billiard. The photographs are printed using a type of ultraviolet ink that can only be viewed with a special UV light (each copy comes with the flashlight.)