Frontpage: Wednesday, Mar 7th
- Romney Ekes Out Ohio Victory: Mitt Romney claimed the biggest Super Tuesday win in Ohio, barely eking out a victory with 38 percent of the vote to Rick Santorum’s 37.
- Newt: ‘I’m the Tortoise’: Newt Gingrich stepped out to address supporters at his Georgia headquarters after winning the state’s primary. Gingrich made his entrance to the song “Real American,” Hulk Hogan’s theme music and the same song President Obama jokingly walked out to after releasing his birth certificate. Lulz.
- Kucinich Out in Ohio Primary: Two longtime members of Congress were forced to face off in a heated battle in Ohio after district lines had been redrawn. Well-known Rep. Dennis Kucinich, who made bids for the presidency in 2004 and 2008, was beaten out in the Ninth District by fellow Rep. Marcy Kaptur, another Democrat.
- U.N. Chief Arrives in Syria: The United Nations’ humanitarian chief, Valerie Amos, is in Damascus and on her way to the besieged city of Homs. Amos says her goal is to “urge all sides to allow unhindered access for humanitarian relief workers so they can evacuate the wounded and deliver essential supplies,” but Assad has blocked Red Cross aid convoys from entering the besieged city, citing security concerns.
- Netflix Mulls Cable Partnership: CEO Reed Hastings of Netflix has reportedly been meeting with cable companies to discuss partnerships that would involve tying online video streaming into existing cable services. I’d give them props if they called it Qwikster.
Photo: Taken in Steubenville, OH, March 6th by Charles Ommanney for Newsweek. See more of the gallery here.