The Front Page - June 6, 2013
1. Obama Defends Spying on Your Calls: Apparently, the Obama administration’s go-to response when it comes to scandals is simple: “We did this for you.”
2. Woman Rescued from Philly Rubble: A 61-year-old woman was pulled from the debris of a collapsed Philadelphia building, bringing the toll of survivors up to 14.
3. West: Holder Scarier Than Al Qaeda: Who poses a bigger threat to U.S. security: Attorney General Eric Holder or Ayman al-Zawahiri, the current head of Al Qaeda? According to former congressman Allen West, the answer is easy.
4. U.S. Condemns Syrian Army: The Syrian Army is wreaking havoc on a number of villages surrounding Qusair, a strategic border town it seized from rebels after two weeks of fighting that reportedly left no building undamaged.
5. Girl, 10, Moved to Adult Transplant List: A 10-year-old girl dying of cystic fibrosis has been moved to an adult transplant list after a federal judge in Philadelphia granted the temporary request due to her severe condition.
Photo: Islamabad, Pakistan. Pakistanis are silhouetted against vehicle headlamps while walking on street darkened by power cuts, on the outskirts of Islamabad. By Muhammed Muheisen/AP.