Gun-control proponents can only pray that Obama doesn’t take Menino and Bloomberg’s bait. Making gun control a more important issue in the election would be a terrible mistake for the president—and for the cause of gun control.
Frontpage: Monday, Feb. 6th
- Police: Father Set House on Fire: The house explosion that killed Josh Powell and his two children Sunday was intentional, according to police.
- Trump Takes Credit for Romney Win in Nevada: “There was a lot riding on that particular race in Nevada, and it was interesting, because the numbers were much, much greater than you thought,” he said Monday on Fox and Friends. “And a lot of people are giving me credit for that. And I will accept that credit.”
- U.S. Shutters Syria Embassy: In the face of growing violence, the U.S. has closed its embassy in Damascus, pulling 17 employees out of Syria on Monday.
- Poll: Obama Would Beat Romney: A poll by The Washington Post and ABC News finds the Republican frontrunner clearly losing to President Obama for the first time.
- Giants Beat Patriots in Super Bowl: The New York Giants won the Super Bowl Sunday, defeating New England 21-17. The game went down to the last play, with Brady hurling a hail mary to the endzone as time expired, deflecting off a few players, and landing just inches away from a Patriots receiver.