Frontpage: Monday, Feb. 27th
- 'The Artist' Wins Big at Oscars: French favorite The Artist picked up beaucoup awards at the Oscars last night, winning Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, and two other smaller prizes.
- Diplomatic Call Syria Vote a Sham: The Syrian city of Homs remains under fire Monday by forces loyal to President Bashar al-Assad, even as the government tallies votes on a constitutional referendum that Western leaders have dismissed as a sham.
- Plot to Kill Putin Foiled: A plot to kill Vladimir Putin by a group of Ukrainian assassins was uncovered by a joint operation of Ukrainian and Russian intelligence services, according to Russian news sources.
- Santorum Gets Secret Service Detail: Rick Santorum will get Secret Service protection beginning Tuesday, according to an administration official. He will be the second current Republican candidate to receive protection from the Secret Service, following Mitt Romney, who has been covered since Feb. 1.
- Deepwater Horizon Trial Delayed: The civil trial against BP over the disaster that took 11 lives and caused the largest offshore oil spill in U.S. history was pushed back a week Sunday as the company continues to seek settlement with the more than 120,000 individuals and businesses that have filed suit against it.
Photo: Pakistani security forces began demolishing the compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan where Osama bin Laden was found and killed by American soldiers last May.