I will still be part of the ‘Today’ show family but I’m gonna have a new timeline, a new role. This is not as I expected to ever leave this couch after 15 years but I am so grateful. Especially to all of you who watch because Matt and I and everyone who sits on this couch, we often call ourselves a family but you are the real ‘Today’ show family.
You are why I have ventured into dangerous places and interviewed dictators and jumped off of planes and off of bridges and climbed mountains and landed in the South Pole and convince the Dalai Lama to come live in our studio. I have loved you and I have wanted to give you the world, and I still do.
Bill Clinton and Mindy Kaling pick their must-have books of the holiday season. Upon reviewing Clinton’s list, Mindy said she would have chosen more “PhD-friendly books.” That’s just silly…
Watch the clip (and hear Ann Curry say ‘semen’) and check out their book selections below:
Mindy Kaling’s list
- “11/22/63” By Stephen King
- “Bossypants” By Tina Fey
- “Lady Gaga X Terry Richardson” By Lady Gaga and Terry Richardson
- “My Father’s Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family & Togetherness” By Gwyneth Paltrow
- “Alexander McQueen Savage Beauty” By Andrew Bolton
- “The Girl in the Green Raincoat: A Tess Monaghan Novel” By Laura Lippman
- “The Marriage Plot: A Novel” By Jeffrey Eugenides
- “Look I Made a Hat: Collected Lyrics (1981-2011) with Attendant Comments, Amplifications, Dogmas, Harangues, Digressions, Anecdotes and Miscellany” By Stephen Sondheim
- “The Art of Fielding” By Chad Harbach
- “What to Wear, Where: The How-to Handbook for Any Style Situation” By Hilary Kerr and Katherine Power
Bill Clinton’s list
- “Jerusalem” By Simon Sebag Montefiore
- “Lincoln” By David Herbert Donald
- “Meditations” By Marcus Aurelius
- “The Way of the World: From the Dawn of Civilizations to the Eve of the Twenty-First Century” By David Fromkin
- “The Cure at Troy: A Version of Sophocles’ Philoctetes” By Seamus Heaney
- “One Hundred Years of Solitude” By Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- “King Leopold’s Ghost: A Story of Greed, Terror and Heroism in Colonial Africa” By Adam Hochschild
- “Nonzero: The Logic of Human Destiny” By Robert Wright
Today in Brilliant Programming Pairings.
PS. If nothing listed above is doing it for you, here’s our Holiday Book Gift Guide.