Frontpage: Friday, Apr 6th
- Syria Broadens Damacus Attack: Despite agreeing to a ceasefire that would have gone into effect at 6 a.m. Thursday, Syrian government troops broadened an offensive against opposition fighters in three Damascus neighborhoods on Friday, with fierce fighting breaking out.
- Economy Added Only 120K Jobs: Bad news: the streak of robust hiring in the U.S. economy has come to a close. After three months of at least 200,000 new jobs added, the U.S. produced only 120,000 jobs in March, a disappointing number that was lower than expected.
- Bella Santorum Taken to Hospital: Rick Santorum’s three-year-old daughter Bella was taken to the hospital on Friday, according to his campaign spokesman. The Santorum campaign did not release any more details, except asking in a statement for “privacy and prayers as Bella works her way to recovery.”
- Obama: ‘Cannot Wait for Romney’: President Barack Obama told supporters at a fund-raising dinner on Thursday night in Washington that he “cannot wait” to compare and contrast his plan for America with what the Republicans bring to the table this election cycle.
- Report: Malawi President Dies: Malawi’s President Bingu wa Mutharika reportedly died from a heart attack Thursday, doctors and cabinet ministers told the BBC, though the official announcement has not yet been made. State media reported that he was flown to a South African hospital, but sources told Reuters that Mutharika was dead when he was rushed to a hospital in Lilongwe.
This is Ellie. She works in sales after being rescued from an Alabama construction site. Sumbuddy needs a little doggie hard hat!
Reblogged from Newsweek