Other things you could have done in the time it took Clinton to deliver his speech:
- Walk from one side of Charlotte to the other
- Get through half a game of Settlers of Catan
- Microwave and eat a pack of hotdogs, one at a time
- Metabolize one beer
- Get halfway through a sleep cycle
- Read 12 pages of Proust
- Watch Gangnam Style 11 times
- Learn esperanto
But then how long would it take me to metabolize this whole pack of microwaved hot dogs?
Reblogged from BuzzFeed
Frontpage: Tuesday, June 5th
- CIA Targeted Major Al Qaeda Leader: A CIA drone strike in Pakistan targeted al Qaeda’s second in command, Abu Yahia al-Libi, on Monday, though it was not clear if he was actually killed. Al-Libi took over as al Qaeda’s second-in-command after Osama bin Laden was killed and he reportedly runs day-to-day operations in Pakistan. U.S. officials said that the drone strike killed five people and that they were “optimistic” that al-Libi was one of them.
- Wisconsin Recall in ‘Dead Heat’: Political eyes will all be focused on Wisconsin Tuesday as voters go to the polls to decide whether to recall Republican Gov. Scott Walker. Walker’s challenger, Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, said the race is a “dead heat,” as most polls showed Walker has a narrow lead over his 2010 challenger.
- Merkel: Need ‘More Europe’: German Chancellor Angela Merkel indicated on Monday that she will accept a grand bargain to give more support to some of the euro zone’s most troubled countries in exchange for more control over Europe’s spending.
- Thousands Line Up for Jubilee: Thousands lined the streets of London on Tuesday for Queen Elizabeth II’s Diamond Jubilee, as she rode in a carriage to St. Paul’s Cathedral, where the Archbishop of Canterbury led a Service of Thanksgiving to her.
- Clinton: Romney Would Be ‘Calamitous’: Former President Bill Clinton set the record straight on Monday night. After the Democrat praised Mitt Romney’s business record last week, calling it “sterling,” Clinton said at an Obama fundraiser in New York that a Romney presidency “would be in my opinion calamitous for our country and the world.”
Photo via picturedept:
Diamond Jubliee Fashion
The Daily Beast has continuing coverage of the celebrations including a gallery of Jubliee fashion.
Reblogged from Picture Dept
Internet freedom is about defending the space where all these things occur, so that it remains not just for the students here today but for your successors and all who come after you. This is one of the grand challenges of our time.
Secretary Hillary Clinton today, speaking at Georgetown University on internet freedom.
A speedy, smart summary of news and must-reads from across the web and around the Tumblrverse, brought to you by The Daily Beast.