Frontpage: Monday, June 25th
1. Court Decides on Immigration Law: The Supreme Court struck down key portions of Arizona’s SB 1070 on Monday, a strict set of immigration regulations that was signed into law in 2010 by Governor Jan Brewer.
2. Mumbai ‘08 Attack ‘Planner’ Arrested: Police in India have arrested a man they say is responsible for planning the brutal 2008 attacks that left 165 dead in Mumbai.
3. Health-Care Decision Looms: The Supreme Court may hand down its ruling as soon as Monday on President Obama’s signature health-care law. The much-anticipated ruling is sure to continue to draw debate, as both Mitt Romney and Obama defined it as a key election-year issue in the lead-up to the decision.
4. Issa: No Evidence of Cover-Up: Going after the attorney general is one thing. Implicating the president, Congressman Darrell Issa said in an appearance on Fox News Sunday, is something else.
5. Tortoise Lonesome George Dies: Thought to be the last of his kind, giant tortoise Lonesome George was found dead by officials at Galápagos National Park on Sunday.
Photo by Seth Wenig/AP Photo
A man waves a large rainbow flag in the street during the Gay Pride Parade in New York, Sunday, June 24, 2012. See photos here from more of this weekend’s gay pride parades from around the world.